Thursday, January 20, 2005

Home Remedy Fun With Warts And Cracked Hands

Actually warts are not fun, but removing them can be a lot more pleasant than having them cut off. In fact, the latest medical breakthrough suggests using duct tape to remove them. Just put tape on the wart and keep it on until they are gone. But sometimes using duct tape is really inconvenient, especially if the wart is on a knuckle or on the web between fingers. In that case super glue may work just as effectively. Use the glue the same as duct tape - keep the wart covered at all times until it is gone.
Super glue has become my winter companion too, and not because of warts. Working outside and getting my hands wet caused my hands to crack. I use super glue to stop the pain and heal cracked hands. I used to tape areas where the skin cracked on my hands but tape was inconvenient and was always falling off. Then I heard a nurse recommend superglue for cracked nails and hangnails. This sure works great for me on cracks due to chapping.
There's another home remedy for cracked hands worth mentioning: I read that rubbing your hands with carrot tops would prevent cracked hands. I tried this in the summer when I had carrot tops and found that this seemed to work also.
The best remedy, of course would be to keep ones hands out of water, but that isn't always possible .
These two simple, effective home remedies worked far better than all the commercial creams and lotions I have tried.



No comments: