Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Home Remedy For The Flue

There are many home remedies on the web, but I cannot find my most commonly used one. If it is out there I haven’t seen it, but this is my version:
When the flue that causes puking hits, some members of my family get a little envious because I don’t catch it. Years ago, by accident, I discovered eating popcorn, (or rather, filling up on popcorn) just as I noticed the first symptoms, usually allowed me to avoid the dreaded puking. Popcorn, it seems, would dry up my stomach enough to become an unfavorable environment for the virus - perhaps corn may have antibiotic tendencies that help too. Not only did it help with the pukes, it worked at preventing diarrhea too. Of course you probably won’t want to use double butter on your flue preventative popcorn.
I haven't seen this flue home remedy anywhere but would like to know if it is used by anyone else.


No comments: